Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun with tangrams






I have always had a love of tangrams- probably because I am an artist in my head but my hands just don't it yet. I always find it relaxing making the shapes on the card and even making "quilt blocks" out of them, it is something you can do that you don't really have to think, it helps those tiny muscles in the kids hands and unlike playdoh it doesn't make a ginormous mess on the carpet.

I hadn't really played tangrams with Katara yet, so during our afternoon fun time I got them out of the closet and had fun. I was shocked that she knew most of the shapes, she had fun making the different things on the card and even tried to make a cat without the use of a card! When the boys got home they saw the box and got in on the fun with us. Korbin got bored with the cards and started making 3d objects and Kane followed.

I think I will always be amazed by Korbin's creativity and skill when it comes to constructing his creations. I am so thankful for my creative kids!

I am really enjoying my time at home with Katara- I feel guilty as I never really had time at home with Kane and Korbin's time was so short. Katara's personality is really starting to bloom now that she is home with me.

1 comment:

Kathlyn said...

Amazing job guys! You are such good builders. Know Katara misses the boys when they are at school but also know she is enjoying the Mommy/Katara time too.