Saturday, June 5, 2010

Going Away Party

I threw myself a going away party. Justin told me not that; oh how well he knows me. I ended up disappointed and crying as I picked up the food I had ordered. I invited 9 people, 3 people said they were coming and then last minute 1 of them decided to go to a resort area for the weekend to hang out. The song Loser blared in my head. I sucked it up and said who needs a lot of friends when you have 1 or 2 right?

I ended up having so much fun, I ran all over the island (well not really but it felt like it!) I went to a few of my favorite restaurants and got some of my favorite dishes to share with everyone. (I ended up with WAY too much food, I went ahead and purchased enough to feed the ones who didn't RSVP thinking that they may show up). Well the food was good the conversation flowed. After lots of yumminess from a local bakery we started on the craft project.

I bought blank kokeshi dolls to decorate, it took a few hours, some tears of laughter and a lot of paint, but the results were fabulous! I was going to take a picture with each person and their doll but I forgot at the end :(

I will miss the island dearly, but I will miss these ladies even more!




1 comment:

Kathlyn said...

Know you had a good time - you're right precious friends are wonderful! The dolls are cute as can be.

Leftovers . . . a good thing!