Saturday, May 15, 2010

China Part 3...









Ok and now for this week's exciting installment of our vacation!


Xian was the city we ended up spending the least amount of time, again I say I wished we had researched it better as we would have loved another day or two there. The main attraction is Xian was the Terrocotta Warriors, it was so cool to see them in person! There were so many and they had survived so much, especially pit 1 and they looked so good (well most of them!). It was in Xian that my eyes couldn't take the pollution or smog or whatever was going on any more and I was forced to wear my glasses for the remainder of the trip (well I could wear my contacts for about 3 hours before they got so foggy that I couldn't see! I thought I grew cataracts it was so bad!)

We also saw the drum tower and the bell tower, a long time ago this is what they used to tell time and warn citizens. Each of the kids got to bang the drum and then Justin got to ring the huge bell, it was SUPER loud! It was here that Katara decided she didn't want to wear her brand new tennis shoes anymore, while on my back she took one off and dropped it over the railing on this building that was probably 5 stories high... luckily for us it landed on the part where the tile roof was facing the opposite direction and Justin was just barely able to reach it!

We also got to visit the city wall. They had built a wall surrounding the city to protect it (it was here that we were filmed for a British travel show).

We also went to a dinner theatre show, which was fun this time Korbin and Katara fell asleep. We also got to visit the Wild Goose Pagoda, the kids got really bored there but they had ice cream. Ice cream saved us on a few occasions I don't think the kids have ever had ice cream that many times in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Kathlyn said...

All in all it sounds like they were good little travelers.