Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Tree Time!



I actually put up the Christmas tree on Thursday, I put it up got the lights on and had every intention of having the kids decorate it... but their bedtime came so I said we'll do it Friday. Friday came and instead of decorating the tree we took the kids Christmas shopping for each other- Can't wait until Christmas; the kids picked out perfect gifts for each other. I LOVE that they have such giving hearts! By the time we got home (after seeing some SNOW FLURRIES!!!) it was bed time again so we put it off.

Saturday started off kind of rough for us, after a failed breakfast attempt and a class for me I got home around 4:15. We had snack and we finally started decorating. The kids had so much fun hanging each of their ornaments. Katara couldn't understand why she didn't have as many as the boys had but had fun hanging the ones she did have. I did forget and give Kane one of Korbin's to hang but Korbin was quick to remind me that I was wrong!

5 years ago I would have never thought that my tree wouldn't have a "theme" or color scheme; but you know what I absolutely LOVE that the stuff on our tree is us, we have an oragami swan with coral from Japanese cub scouts, our hand blown okinawa glass ornaments, our beautiful temari balls, baby's first christmas, our first christmas, our cloissone fight fish ornamets. And of course our swarski crystal snowflake of the year and waterford crystal yearly one and the Zimbalatti Family 2007 puzzle tree. Each is so special and I am truly thankful for such a great family and our wonderful opportunities, and wonderful friends we have made throughout the years.

1 comment:

Kathlyn said...

Your tree looks so beautiful! Glad the kids had fun decorating it. They do have fantastic giving hearts - they get that from the example that their parents share.